Terms and conditions
‘I’, ‘me’ and ‘my’ refers jointly to the person or persons who are the customers. This Agreement means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Your Motorhome Ltd literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
‘Your Motorhome Ltd.’ means Your Motorhome Ltd, Westmoor House, 68 Main St, Pymoor, Ely, Cambs. CB6 2DY
‘Customer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Hirers Name / Contact’ on the Rental Agreement, any person whose credit or debit card is presented in payment of the customers charges, or any person who deems themselves to be the legal entity and ultimately responsible for the motorhome. Should the legal entity be different from the driver, then full name, address and contact phone numbers must be supplied.
‘Rental Period’ Means the hire period as stated on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customers possession or control.
‘Vehicle’ Means the vehicle as stated on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Your Motorhome Ltd.
‘Living Equipment’ includes but is not limited to TV, DVD player and aerial, microwave, oven, radio/CD player, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils.
‘Security Deposit’ means the amount held as security by Your Motorhome Ltd in relation to this hire.
‘Overhead Damage’ is deemed as any damage sustained to any part of the vehicle, its equipment and or any third-party property which occurs above 6 feet (1.83metres) in height measured from the ground upwards.
Mount Pleasant Farm, Pymoor, Ely, Cambs, CB6 2DY
2. Depot Hours
8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
9am – 3pm, Saturday
Sunday by appointment only
3. Hire rates quoted include:
VAT at 20%, unlimited miles, UK standard vehicle insurance*, UK standard equipment and breakdown**.
*Insurance loading. In some cases, Your Motorhome Ltd will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, more than 1 insurance claim or in an occupation deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customer.
**Your Motorhome Ltd. will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the chassis of the motorhome. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient keys, keys locked in Motorhome etc. will be the responsibility of the client.
4. Minimum Hire
This ranges from 5 to 7 days depending on the season. Your Motorhome Ltd. reserves the right to increase the minimum hire for certain events.
Availability is on a request and confirm basis, at the time of reservation. A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Your Motorhome Ltd and a deposit of £250.00 of hire has been received. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards. Once the reservation is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent to the client. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due six weeks prior to departure. Your Motorhome Ltd reserves the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received six weeks prior to departure. Payment is by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only), debit card, bank transfer, cash or cheque in pounds sterling.
For late bookings (less than six weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed.
6. Cancellation Charges
- More than 6 weeks before: Booking deposit
- 2 – 6 weeks before: 50% of total hire charge
- 2 – 0 weeks before: 100% of total hire charge
Your Motorhome Ltd cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another. Your Motorhome Ltd reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
7. European Travel
Vehicles are not permitted to leave the UK unless by prior written agreement.
8. Motorhome collection/drop off times for Monday to Friday will be:
8am – 11am Drop off
2pm – 4pm Collection
Other times may be arranged by appointment if available and at the discretion of Your Motorhome Ltd.
9am – 11am Drop off
1pm – 3pm Collection
Other times may be arranged by appointment if available and at the discretion of Your Motorhome Ltd.
- Collection: Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot – to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you. All drivers and payers of security deposit need to be present on collection of the motorhome and bring their full valid license and passport, 2 proof of address’ and credit or debit card for security deposit. Please see section 23, Drivers for further details.
- Return: The vehicle must be returned on the correct date, and before the time stated on the rental agreement – please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot. Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with a full tank of diesel and gas, empty wastewater and toilet cassette and the interior clean and in the same condition as they left the depot, otherwise a charge will be made for additional valeting and upholstery cleaning. In addition, a separate toilet cleaning fee will apply if the toilet waste tank is not empty on return. Please see section 13, Rental and other charges for further details. Please note: there are no toilet emptying facilities at Your Motorhome Ltd.’s depot so this must be emptied prior to return.
- Late return: If you will be late returning, Your Motorhome ltd must be advised immediately. Failure to advice may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £100.00 per hour will be payable for late returns.
10. Motorhome systems:
Your Motorhome Ltd will carry out a full Pre-Checkout inspection (PCI) on every motorhome before the commencement of hire. The PCI involves testing every system on board the motorhome to ensure they are operating correctly. In conjunction with this the hirer will be taken on a tour of the motorhome and shown how every system works. Should an onboard system fail during your hire, Your Motorhome Ltd will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are away but in some circumstances this may not be possible and Your Motorhome Ltd cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle. In the case of winter hire, Your Motorhome ltd will not be and cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
11. Vehicle acceptance:
- I acknowledge having received the Vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the Motorhome handover Checklist and with a full diesel tank, full LPG gas bottle and full water tank.
- I acknowledge that Your Motorhome Ltd will not refund to me any monies if the Vehicle is returned or I cease to have use of the Vehicle or an item of equipment on the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. Accident, weather, theft or damage.
12. Change of Vehicle:
Your Motorhome Ltd reserves the right, as its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or superior vehicle for the vehicle ordered. In that event, I shall not be liable for any increased rental or other charges saved for any additional running costs pertained to the substitute vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle me to any refund and does not constitute a breach of this agreement.
13. Rental and other charges:
I will pay Your Motorhome Ltd;
- All rental charges
- The security deposit
- Administration fee of £25.00 per amendment of a confirmed booking or per penalty charge notice received.
- The nominated valeting fee and/or upholstery cleaning fee if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- The nominated additional fee of £75.00 if the toilet and wastewater tanks are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
- The cost of refilling either the diesel tank or the LPG tanks should either tank not be returned completely full;
- ¾ to full = £75.00
- ½ to ¾ full = £90.00
- ¼ to ½ full = £120.00
- Empty to ¼ full = £140.00
- £40.00 regardless of level
- The late fee of £100.00 per hour should the vehicle be returned after the agreed time as stated on the rental agreement.
- The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance or delivery of the vehicle.
- All government fees and duties etc
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the rental period.
- Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Your Motorhome Ltd as a result of any breach by me of the terms of this agreement.
- Demurrage; the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet, for example for accident repairs.
- Any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value.
- The cost to recover a vehicle.
- In the case of gross negligence Your Motorhome Ltd reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the motorhome to the state in which it was handed over.
14. Errors in rental charges:
Total charges as set out therein are not final. I will pay any shortfall in charges to Your Motorhome Ltd and I will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Your Motorhome Ltd.
15. Security Deposit:
There is a refundable GB£1000.00 Security Deposit payable by credit card or debit card. The card should be in the lead drivers name and the amount will be debited from your account immediately. Pre-paid currency cards cannot be accepted. Your Motorhome Ltd reserves the right to increase the security deposit in certain circumstances or for specific events e.g. World Cup events, Festivals, for any other hire where the Motorhome is carrying 4 or more adults and if the security deposit if paid in cash to £1500.00. Cheque payments are not accepted against the security deposit.
- On taking delivery of the vehicle, I agree to pay the security deposit
- I irrevocably authorise Your Motorhome Ltd to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due by me to Your Motorhome Ltd arising out of this agreement.
- The security deposit will be refunded within 7 working days of the vehicle being returned to the depot as per the criteria set out in section 8 motorhome collection and return and there are no outstanding insurance claims. It will not be refunded on return of the motorhome. If it was paid in cash, this will be refunded by bank transfer.
- Should any damaged exceed the security deposit the customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the security deposit value within 7 days of your hire end date.
16. Use of the Vehicle:
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the vehicle to be;
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner.
- Used in a manner which could cause damage
- Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated to me by Your Motorhome Ltd.
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by the law
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
- Left unoccupied without the steering wheel security lock applied and the TV/DVD covered.
- Driven by persons:
- Under the age of 21 years
- Who is not authorised by law to drive the vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the vehicle are set out under the heading ‘Hire name/contact’ on the Rental Agreement.
- Damaged by:
- Submersion in water
- Contact with saltwater
- Used for any illegal purposes for any race, rally or contest
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this agreement
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this agreement
17. Road Restrictions:
- All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads.
- I acknowledge that Your Motorhome Ltd reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
18. Alterations to the Vehicle:
I shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Your Motorhome Ltd.
19. Title to Vehicle:
I acknowledge that Your Motorhome Ltd retains title to the vehicle and its contents and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Your Motorhome’s credit in connection with the vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
All Your Motorhome Ltd motorhomes are non-smoking vehicles. Your Motorhome Ltd reserves the right to impose additional valeting and/or upholstery cleaning fees and charge demurrage should smoke be detected in the motorhome.
Your Motorhome Ltd authorises the use of these vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion. Child seats are the responsibility of the hirer to provide and fit themselves. Children up to 12 years of age or 135cm in height, which ever they reach first, must use the correct child restraints appropriate for their weight under UK law.
I will not allow any animals to be carried in the vehicle.
- Age limits
- Standard insurance: 21 – 75 years.
- Insurance for over 75’s drivers: 76 – 79 years. This is by special request and agreement only with Your Motorhome Ltd and their insurer. Your Motorhome Ltd must be notified at the time of booking should any driver be over the age of 75. Additional information will need to be provided. Cover is not guaranteed.
- All drivers must have held a valid license for more than 2 years that entitles them to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg GMV.
- Driver must feel confident to drive a vehicle of the dimensions of our largest motorhome.
- Drivers holding only an automatic license can only hire our auto models and this must be declared at the time of booking.
- All drivers must be present at checkout of the motorhome. No exceptions can be made.
- Production of a full, valid standard driver’s license, as well as a valid passport are required from all drivers at the start of hire.
- If you have a photocard GB license we require the photocard and your NI (National Insurance) number to check your license details on the DVLA’S online system. We are unable to insure you if we have not DVLA checked your license details.
- If you have a modern Northern Ireland license, we require both the photocard and the paper counterpart.
- Each hirer will need to provide two forms of proof of address that match up to the address which appears on their driving license. If a hirer has not updated the address which appears on their license, then they will not be covered. It is a legal requirement to notify DVLA of a change of name and address on a license and you can be fined £1000 if you fail to do so.
- Drivers that hold an EU, Australian, South African, Canadian, New Zealand and Hong Kong (subject to Hong Kong license holders previously holding a UK license) are all covered to drive. If you have a driver who holds a license from a country not mentioned they will need to be referred in advance.
- Should any driver fail to present all correct documentation and identification on collection of the motorhome or do not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then Your Motorhome Ltd will be unable to release the motorhome and no refunds will be given.
- Endorsements on licenses: you must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your license. Your Motorhome Ltd can accept up to 6 speeding points that occurred within the last 3 years (charges apply). For more than 6 points, for any conviction other than speeding, included the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR AND TT or for any driver disqualification within the last 5 years Your Motorhome Ltd may not be able to get cover.
- Insurance claims: You must declare at the time of booking if you have made or had a vehicle insurance claim made against you within the last 3 years. Your Motorhome Ltd may not be able to get cover should you have had 2 or more claims within the last 3 years.
- Driver occupations: You must declare your occupation on collection of the vehicle. Your Motorhome Ltd may not be able to offer cover for the following occupations:
- Sports Personalities
- Serving Foreign Armed services personal/ Embassy employees based in the UK
- Students under the age of 30
- Should the driver not disclose that they fulfil one of the above occupations even in a part time capacity, this will render the agreement as void and the hirer will be fully liable.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g. Parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire.
- Your Motorhome Ltd is unable to insure any driver with no fixed abode.
24. Insurance (provided all the personal information supplied is correct):
The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. The vehicle insurance is arranged by ——- The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GB£1000.00 per accident or reported incident. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third-party property, the hirer will be liable for the first GB£1000,00 per claim. Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle. Please note that no insurance cover is offered for overhead damage, any damage deemed as gross negligence, this includes reversing damage, or any internal damages therefore the hirer excepts full liability for these which is in addition to the standard vehicle excess should that apply. Windscreens and/or tyre damage is not covered by the standard vehicle insurance and therefore excess.
Your Motorhome Ltd will be responsible should damage to personal possessions or bodily injury occur (including death) as a result of proven gross negligence on Your Motorhome Ltd.’s part i.e. our actions or failure to act. Your Motorhome Ltd will not be responsible for any loss which is a side effect of the main loss e.g. loss of profits or opportunity. This is separate from the vehicle insurance provided.
25. Vehicle Damage – Insurance Cover:
I am aware that;
- The Vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer or their possessions.
- Standard Insurance does not cover overhead damage, reversing damage or internal damage, windscreen or tyres. The hirer will be responsible for the cost to repair all damages.
- The insurance excess is £1000.00 per claim, not per rental.
- I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I breach any of the terms of this agreement.
- I will be responsible for any damage caused through gross negligence this included reversing damage and will not be covered by the insurance.
- Upon return of the vehicle, full handover inspection is carried out, any damage found will result in completion of your pre-authorised security deposit. Once Your Motorhome Ltd have identified full costs, any remaining amount will be refunded within 5-7 days.
26. Collision damage waiver (CDW):
Collision Damage Waiver at £25.00 per night will reduce the £1,000.00 excess for damage caused due to a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) or collision (i.e. reported accident) to either vehicle or third-party property to £0. It will also cover the cost of the replacement tyres or windscreen. However, it will not cover any damage to the vehicle or third-party property caused through a reversing manoeuvre or replacement or repair of windows. No insurance cover is offered for overhead damages, any damage deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damages therefore full liability will apply. Applies in respect of first incident and/or claim, not entire rental duration. Once an accident has occurred CDW cannot be restarted and standard insurance terms will apply. Incident must be reported to Your Motorhome Ltd within 24 hours otherwise CDW cover will not apply. Minimum charge term for CDW is 7 nights. A maximum charge term is 21 nights.
Should the Terms and Conditions not be adhered to, CDW will be void and the customer will be liable in full for all costs and damages. Please note that the CDW is completely optional and can be decided upon collection of your vehicle. After the hire has commenced, CDW cannot be taken out. CDW cannot be offered to drivers over the age of 70.
Responsibility when accident occurs
- In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, I will;
- Notify Your Motorhome Ltd within 24 hours of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station.
- Complete an accident claim form as supplied
- Not make any admissions of liability to other parties, settlement offers or other like offer
- Assist Your Motorhome Ltd in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence.
- I acknowledge that the access or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
- I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.
- No security deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until the claim is settled.
- I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries.
- I acknowledge that Your Motorhome Ltd will reimburse me for expenditure up to UK £40,00 reasonably incurred in rectifying me for mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio and DVD equipment, provided that:
- I produce relevant receipts
- I have received the prior consent of Your Motorhome Ltd
- The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this agreement.
- Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period. Your Motorhome Ltd will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
- The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Your Motorhome Ltd for inspection; and,
- I produce relevant receipts; and
- The manufacturer accepts liability under their warranty.
- I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Your Motorhomes Ltd motorhomes run on DIESEL.
28. Credit and Debit Card Payment:
Visa card and MasterCard credit cards only.
- Your Motorhome Ltd will accept payment by credit card approved by Your Motorhome Ltd
- When payment is paid by credit or debit card, I agree that;
- Your Motorhome Ltd is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit or debit card issuer all amounts due by me pursuant to this agreement, including but not limited to those outlined in section 13, Rental and other charges.
- I will not dispute my liability to Your Motorhome Ltd for any amount due under this agreement and I shall indemnify and keep indemnified Your Motorhome Ltd against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying my credit or debit card issue of such dispute.
- Security payment, which will be cancelled within 7 days after the completion of the rental period, as per clause 15, Security deposit. Security deposit, I agree that Your Motorhome Ltd is entitled to recover payment from my credit or debit card issuer pursuant to Clause 31, Section b, sub section i and ii, in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the open security payment.
- I acknowledge that all transactions under this agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against my credit or debit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the rental period. I release Your Motorhome Ltd from any liability for such variation.
29. Payment of Charges, Joint and Several Liability:
All charges and expenses payable by me under this agreement are due on demand by Your Motorhome ltd. If I do not pay all charges on time, I agree to pay interest at 1.5% per month above the base rate as published by NATWEST on the outstanding balance and any additional costs incurred by Your Motorhome Ltd, including reasonable legal fees to recover the outstanding money owed. When the customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this agreement.
30. Terminating the agreement:
I acknowledge that Your Motorhome Ltd may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if;
- I am in breach of any term in this agreement;
- I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
- Any statement, representation or warranty made by the customer in respect to himself or additional drivers in incorrect
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Your Motorhome ltd reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date
- Your Motorhome Ltd considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is in danger. I understand than in the event of such termination or repossessions, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
31. Release and Indemnity of Your Motorhome Ltd ID:
- Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, I released Your Motorhome Ltd, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me for reason of this agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose;
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Your Motorhome Ltd premises or recovered or handled by Your Motorhome Ltd.
- Subject to any insurance agreements agreed with Your Motorhome Ltd, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Your Motorhome Ltd, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use/or possession of the vehicle.
Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Your Motorhome Ltd and by me.
33. Force Majeure:
We will make every effort to ensure that the reserved Motorhome is available for you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and if an alternative or acceptable motorhome is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you.
34. My warranties:
I warrant that all information supplied by me to Your Motorhome Ltd in connection with this agreement is true.
35. Proper Law:
The agreement shall be governed by the law of Great Britain in which this agreement was signed.
36. Data Protection Act:
The information you have supplied to Your Motorhome Ltd will be used to fulfil this contract placed with us. We will not pass this information onto any other organisation outside this company other than to our insurer.
37. Entire Agreement:
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Your Motorhome Ltd reserves the right to add or amend the vehicle specifications and rental.
By signing you agree that you have read and accepted the above Terms and Conditions and that these along with the Rental Agreement form a legally binding contract between yourself and Your Motorhome Ltd.